Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Background Check.

My name is Amy and I just turned 20. And I'm having gastric bypass surgery in 16 days.

I must note...this is not a surgery that I need to have. I want to have it. I want to know what it's like to be thin....to go shopping and want to try on clothes. To not worry about my health. To not be self-concious. To wear a bikini. It's something I've wanted for a long time. And finally, I'll be able to experience it, first hand.

I've always struggled with my weight. I've tried so many weight loss methods, none of which have worked in the long haul; sometimes it was my fault...sometimes it wasn't. I've also struggled with other health issues, like depression, anxiety, and PCOS, all of which are tied to my weight.

This journey is not going to be easy. In fact it's probably going to be one of the hardest things I've ever done. Luckily, I have my parents, my sister, and my friends for support, as well as an amazing group of doctors by my side.

On May 26th, my life is going to change forever.

Welcome to my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment